- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Crows Dropping Nuts Math Portfolio
The first 200 words of this essay...
In this project, I will attempt to model the function of a group of crows dropping various size nuts from varying heights. The model will help to predict the number of drops it takes to break open nuts from even more heights.
The following table shows the average number of drops it takes to break open a large nut from varying heights.
Height of drop (m)
Number of drops
When graphed in Excel, the points form this graph:
To model this graph a power function can be used. There is an x variable and a y variable. For my model of the graph, I used a function with the following parameters: (a(x-b) c) + d where a controls the curve of the model, b controls the shifts of the model, c is the rate of fall, and d is the horizontal asymptote. My function was f(x) = (47(x-1)-1.5) + 1. I chose
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Maths (view all)
- Math Portfolio: trigonometry investigation (circle trig)
- Math IA -Modelling Population Growth in China.
- Mathematics SL portoflio type 1(circles)
- Tide Modeling
- Math SL Circle Portfolio. The aim of this task is to invest...
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.