- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
- Essay length: 4108 words
- Submitted: 09/03/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
In this task, you will investigate the patterns in the intersections of parabolas and the lines y = x and y = 2x. Then you will be asked to prove your conjectures and to broaden the scope of the investigation to include other lines and other types of polynomials.
Functions: 1)=ax + b, a = 0 - Linear Equation
2) ax2+ bx+c - Quadratic
3) ax3+ bx2+cx+d - Cubic
4) ax4+ bx3+cx2+dx+e - Quartic
The investigation of parabola brings me to think and promote my knowledge about quadratic functions. Also, it helps me to find the 'patterns' and 'rules' of parabola which was another great source to improve my mathematic skills. In the HL type I, it asks about thoughtful questions such as relationship between parabolas and lines. There are six questions in this portfolio and each question requires rumination. I will try to focus on the member of the family of polynomials precisely since they are the basic functions of these problems and it will help me to 'link' some ideas. Equally important, interestingly, this portfolio wants the student to find their 'own' conjecture. Thus,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Maths (view all)
- Math IA -Modelling Population Growth in China.
- Math Portfolio Type II Gold Medal heights
- IB Math Methods SL: Internal Assessment on Gold Medal Height...
- Math SL Circle Portfolio. The aim of this task is to invest...
- Mathematics SL portoflio type 1(circles)
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.