- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Investigating the Graphs of Sine Functions.
- Essay length: 3565 words
- Submitted: 23/02/2004
The first 200 words of this essay...
Portfolio #2 - Type I
Investigating the Graphs of Sine Functions
The purpose of this assignment is to obtain general rules for transformations of sine functions from analysing patterns got from examples of these. To justify my conjectures of all of the following functions I used "Magic Graph" - an electronic graphing program which allowed me to present them with a high level of precision. The trigonometric settings and the radian mode were kept constant throughout the whole investigation.
Graph of y= sin x
To present this graph properly there are several possibilities: one can use a graphing calculator, a computer program, draw the graph from tabled values or from the unit circle. I chose the unit circle method because it is then more understandable how sine of x gets its shape and position, since sine of an angle is the ratio of the length of the opposite side to the length of the hypotenuse and therefore1:
Characteristics of y= sin x
The sine curve is symmetric with the origin, it is an even function, and has infinite intercepts at multiples of , as
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Maths (view all)
- Investigating ratios of areas and volumes
- Math SL Fish Production IA
- Math IA -Modelling Population Growth in China.
- Mathematics SL portoflio type 1(circles)
- Math IA Type 1 Circles. The aim of this task is to investig...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.