- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Tanya Zhandria Waqanika
Prince Andrew High School
IB Math SL Portfolio #1
Task 1 - Find the Numerator
Task 2 - Plot relation between the row number and Numerator, write general statement about it
Task 3 - Find the 6th and 7th rows
Task 4 - Find the general statement for En(r)
Task 5 - Find additional rows with General Statement
Task 6 - Discuss the scope/limitations of the General Statement
Task 1 - Finding the Numerator
Since 'LACSAP' is just 'Pascal' reversed, I decided to do some research about Pascal's triangle. Through my research, I was able to come across the equation nCr, or n!/r!(n -r)! where n represents the row number and r represents the 'element' number, or the diagonal row number.
e.g. 3C2 = 3!/2!(3 - 2)! = 1 x 2 x 3/1 x 2 x 1 = 3
This equation is used to find any number within Pascal's triangle. With 1 at the top of both pyramids representing n = 0, r = 0, I decided to compare Pascal's triangle to LACSAP's fractions.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Maths (view all)
- MATH IA- Filling up the petrol tank ARWA and BAO
- Math SL Circle Portfolio. The aim of this task is to invest...
- Function Transformation Investigation
- Analysis of Functions. The factors of decreasing and decrea...
- Comparing the surface area of different shapes with the same...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.