- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Math IA - Logan's Logo
- Essay length: 4414 words
- Submitted: 17/11/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
IBO INTERNAL ASSESMENT
MATHEMATICS SL TYPE II
Logan has designed the logo at the right. The diagram shows a square which is divided into three regions by two curves. The logo is the shaded region between the two curves.
He wishes to find mathematical functions that model these curves.
In order to find these functions, we will need to overlay the logo on graph paper, so we can interpret data points to be able to plot them.
Take note that in the "modeling the data" in the next section, the logo was not resized, but set as transparent so that data points could be read.
Also, take into consideration the uncertainty of the measurements (± 0.25 units). For modeling purposes, the uncertainties are not included in the data calculations; however this should not be overlooked.
MODELING THE DATA
NOTE: Data tables and their graphs are included on the next page.
TOP CURVE :
In order to find a function to model the top curve, there are various methods that we can use. One is to overlay the logo onto a set of axes
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Maths (view all)
- Math IA -Modelling Population Growth in China.
- Math Portfolio: trigonometry investigation (circle trig)
- Mathematics SL portoflio type 1(circles)
- Tide Modeling
- Maths Portfolio - Population trends in China
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student