- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Math Portfolio Type 2
The first 200 words of this essay...
Question: How can the different ways of knowing help us distinguish between something that is true and something that is believed to be true?
Name: Thi Ngoc Hanh Nguyen
Session: May 2010
School: Auckland International College
School code: 001495
Teacher: Ms. Beate Wiebel
Word count: 1479
"There are no whole truths; all truths are half-truths."1 The truth does not change over a period of time, only the perception and the interpretation of truth have been changed over a period of time. It is hard to determine whether the discovery we just figured out is the whole truth. Hence, ways of knowing are meant to help people approach the truth from different aspects, although they lead to the findings out of half-truths most of time. However, a lot of half-truths mean we are close to the true nature of the subject studied. Three of the ways of knowing, perception, emotion and reason, are involved in this essay to demonstrate different directions on the attempt to find the truths in human history.
Perception is an interesting way of knowing, as sometimes it can become subjective without being noticed. "We are constantly
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Maths (view all)
- Logarithms. In this investigation, the use of the proper...
- Math Studies - IA
- IB Math SL Portfolio Type 2 Population in China
- MATH IB SL INT ASS1 - Pascal's Triangle
- In this task, we are going to show how any two vectors are a...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.