- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Math Portfolio Type II Gold Medal heights
- Essay length: 3922 words
- Submitted: 12/06/2012
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Olympic games were created thousands of years ago with the purpose to determine who could push himself the hardest to jump higher or run faster. High jump has always been part of the revived Olympics and has been carried out ever since the 1896's Olympics.
The achievements of athletes almost put itself forward for analysis, as the data is already precisely recorded and therefore it is rather easy to make predictions. This data is useful for trainer or scouts when they have to estimate whether an athlete is worth their while or not.
As in all of the other programs a steady improvement of the athletes' performances have been recorded as the games advanced and almost all skilled sportsmen were taken under supervision of trainers and were made professionals.
The recorded heights of the gold medal winners starting from the 1932's Olympics until 1980 are as follow:
Height in cm
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Maths (view all)
- Math Portfolio: trigonometry investigation (circle trig)
- Math IA -Modelling Population Growth in China.
- Mathematics SL portoflio type 1(circles)
- Tide Modeling
- Population trends in China
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student