- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Math's Portfolio SL Type 1 "Matrix Powers"
The first 200 words of this essay...
SL Type 1
Matrices are tables of numbers or any algebraic quantities that can be added or multiplied in a specific arrangement. A matrix is a block of numbers that consist of columns and rows used to present raw data, store information or to perform certain mathematical operations
The aim of this portfolio is to find a general trend in different sets of matrices, therefore find a general formula that applies for all of the matrices. The pattern will then be explained and tested to see if applies correctly to all the sets of matrices.
To calculate Mn for n = 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 20, 50 I used a GDC.
Determinants are defined as ad-bc in a 2 2 matrix, and is denoted by det A = | A |. In Other words, det A = | A | = = ad-bc.
M2 = =, det (M2) = 16 = 42
M3 = =, det (M2) = 64 = 43
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Maths (view all)
- IB Math SL Portfolio Type 2 Population in China
- Maths Internal Assessment -triangular and stellar numbers
- Math IA patterns within systems of linear equations
- Math IA -Modelling Population Growth in China.
- El copo de nieve de Koch
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.