- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Math Studies - IA
- Essay length: 5039 words
- Submitted: 07/08/2008
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Mathematics and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
IB MATHEMATICAL STUDIES
"An investigation into the value of Ryder Cup as a reflection of the US and Europe's comparative strength in the sport of golf."
Peter Frederiksen Svane
St. Mary's International School
IB Candidate Number: 000134 - 039
March 10th, 2008
The Ryder Cup takes place every other year in September, and is supposed to determine whether Europe or the US is the best in the sport of golf. Each side is represented by twelve golf players, who get the chance to play against each other over the course of three days. Contrary to regular tournaments, the Ryder Cup is played in a match play format1 rather than using stroke play2. The question therefore arises if the Ryder Cup is a true reflection of which region (US or Europe) has the best group of golfers. Are Europeans really better golfers than Americans, since they have won all the meets since the new millennium? To put a final answer to this debate, the investigation will focus on performances in regular tournaments, in which the Ryder Cup players have all competed, and their performance in the Ryder Cup. Various mathematical
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Maths (view all)
- Shadow Functions Maths IB HL Portfolio
- The Fibonacci numbers and the golden ratio
- Math SL Circle Portfolio. The aim of this task is to invest...
- Maths Portfolio - Population trends in China
- Lacsap's Fractions : Internal Assessment
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.