- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Portfolio Type 2 Fish numbers
- Essay length: 973 words
- Submitted: 20/12/2007
The first 200 words of this essay...
We were first given the equation where is the growth factor and is the population at year. A logistic model is one that grows and then stabilizes over time. This will be shown in the following set of problems.
1. The biologist estimates that if 10,000 fish were introduced into a lake, then the population of the fishes would increase by 50% the first year but then level off and never exceed 60,000 fishes. Therefore we are given a set of initial and eventual numbers that we can assign variables to:
Thus we can fill the ordered pairsand these points are indicated on the graph below:
The window and table values for the graph above are:
The window of the graph shows the scale of the graph and the values give evidence for the points on the graph.
The slope of the line with coordinatesis:
is the linear growth factor in terms of with a slope,
2. Since and we figured , we can derive:
3. In order to determine the fish population over the next 20 years,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Maths (view all)
- Investigating ratios of areas and volumes
- Math IA Type 1 Circles. The aim of this task is to investig...
- Math SL Fish Production IA
- Math Portfolio: trigonometry investigation (circle trig)
- Math SL Circle Portfolio. The aim of this task is to invest...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.