- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Statistics project. Comparing and analyzing the correlation of the number of novels read per week and the modal grade of T.I.S students
- Essay length: 2736 words
- Submitted: 01/07/2010
The first 200 words of this essay...
Name: Benjamin Eyison
Date: 7th April 2008
Subject: Mathematical studies
Comparing and analyzing the correlation of the number of novels read per week and the modal grade of T.I.S students
Statement of task
This project investigates the number of story books read per week correlated with the modal grades of 30 girls and 30 boys of T.I.S. As mentioned, 30 girls and 30 boys will be surveyed, all from grade 9. Data on the number of books and genres read per week, as well as their modal grades earned last semester. This data is then compared and analyzed to yield necessary results
In this section, the mean, mode and median are found. These were done 4 times in
* Number of book genres girls often read
* Girl's modal grade
* Number of book genres boys often read
* Boy's modal grade
Person's Correlation coefficient (PCL)
The PCL was used to find out how and if the amount of books read on the modal grades of students. Both girls and boys data were done separately
Chi-squared test for independence (CST)
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Maths (view all)
- IB Math Methods SL: Internal Assessment on Gold Medal Height...
- Math SL Circle Portfolio. The aim of this task is to invest...
- Math IA -Modelling Population Growth in China.
- Math Portfolio Type II Gold Medal heights
- Gold Medal heights IB IA- score 15
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.