- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Stellar Numbers. In this study, we analyze geometrical shapes, which lead to special numbers. We consider various geometrical patterns of evenly spaced dots and derive general statements of the nth special numbers in terms of n.
- Essay length: 2546 words
- Submitted: 01/05/2012
The first 200 words of this essay...
Anglo - American School of Moscow
Internal Assessment Portfolio Practice 1
Aim: The aim in this task is to consider geometric shapes, which lead to special numbers. The simplest examples of these are square numbers, 1, 4, 9, and 16, which can be represented by squares of side 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Introduction: In this study, we analyze geometrical shapes, which lead to special numbers. We consider various geometrical patterns of evenly spaced dots and derive general statements of the nth special numbers in terms of n. Henceforth, all tables and mathematical formulas are generated by the Microsoft Word. All the stellar and triangular number visual representations are modulated using GeoGebra 4. The rest of the shapes are generated by "insert shape" function of Microsoft Word.
The first task is to complete the triangular numbers sequence with three more terms.
As we can see, each successive triangle pattern numbered (n is the stage number) can be derived from the previous one number () by simply adding evenly spaced dots on either of the sides of the triangle.
In other words, the number of dots in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Maths (view all)
- MATH IA- Filling up the petrol tank ARWA and BAO
- Math SL Fish Production IA
- IB Math Methods SL: Internal Assessment on Gold Medal Height...
- Mathematics internal assessment type II- Fish production
- Systems of Linear Equations. Investigate Systems of linear ...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.