- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Communicating with children
The first 200 words of this essay...
Assignment title: Communicating with children
Describe how to communicate with children using both verbal and non-verbal methods of communication by describing here situations as examples from your placement to highlight these methods.
Explain why communication skills are important to develop relationships with children in a placement setting. Give reasons to clearly support your explanation.
Evaluate your own communication skills when developing relationships with children in a placement setting by discussing relationships with children in a placement setting by discussing four of your strengths and four of your weaknesses in this area. Include a plan of how you intend to continue to develop your strengths and improve your weaknesses.
1. Situations from my placement that highlight verbal and non verbal communication methods was for example with Abigail aged 2 1/2 years. She is a very shy, quiet and timid girl. Thus, I did not use a loud voice when talking to her. At first I played with her doing puzzles. I smiled and expressed genuine pleasure when she tried to interact with me, positioned myself at her level and made a non-threatening eye-contact. At first I
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Misc (view all)
- Relatinshipe between father and son in things fall apart
- Situation Ethics
- mechanical hound in fahrenheit 451
- Sample Personal Statement
- The Role of Sin in The Crucible
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.