- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
FANTHORPE- WOMEN IRONING & NOT MY BEST SIDE
The first 200 words of this essay...
UA fanthorpe have moved her pen and has changed words into melodious poems. She has written poems based on Christmas, paintings and many other themes. The two poems that stands out the most for me are not my best side and Woman Ironing because in both these poem Fanthorpe challenges the painters point of view and gives a different perspective on the events depicted. She always tried to bring out the women behind the canvas by giving her voice.
Not my best side and woman ironing share a similar idea where in both the paintings the characters tells the story. UA fanthorpe has changed the artists vision of the painting and has transformed it into the characters story. In the painting the woman say's "The artist didn't give me a chance to pose properly".Fanthorpe has brought the woman alive by criticizing the way the artist has depicted her. The criticism of the artist continues as she say's "Poor chap he has obsession with triangles". UA fanthorpe has analyzed this piece of art and is giving comments on it. The main mission of UA fanthorpe was to give the voice to the women
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Misc (view all)
- Relatinshipe between father and son in things fall apart
- [IB Film] Bicycle Thieves: Critical Analysis
- Situation Ethics
- Sample Personal Statement
- Comparing and Contrasting Envy and Deception in Shakespeares...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.