- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Madame Bovary Comparison Paper (title too long)
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Parallels between the lives of Emma of Madame Bovary in 1857 and Anna Nicole Smith: An Investigation of the Relevance in Lifestyles
Though the novel Madame Bovary was written about one hundred ten years before the birth of Anna Nicole Smith, there are many parallels between the infamous "gold digger" and Emma Bovary. Not only does the plot of Madame Bovary have a high correlation with Anna Nicole Smith's life in regards to lifestyle and characteristics, Flaubert wrote Madame Bovary in order to showcase adultery. Madame Bovary was written in order to prove that though sexuality, morality, and infidelity were sensitive topics in the mid nineteenth century, infidelity and temptation were still prevalent during that time period. Our modern society's attitudes toward these topics are much more liberal, even though (just as in the nineteenth century) being faithful in a relationship is still the right thing to do.
Emma Bovary is main source of the novel's title (although Charles's mother and his former wife are also referred to as Madame Bovary). She has an overly romanticized view of the world and craves beauty, wealth, and the sophistication that comes along with it. It is
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Misc (view all)
- Sample Personal Statement
- Relatinshipe between father and son in things fall apart
- Discussion of the poem Astronauts by Robert Hayden.
- Analysis of sonnet 116
- Comparing and Contrasting Envy and Deception in Shakespeares...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.