- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Romeo and juliet Music Literature Analysis
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Romeo and Juliet Fantasy Overture Love Theme" by Peter Tchaikovsky
Romeo and Juliet Fantasy Overture Love Theme by Peter Tchaikovsky retells the story of R&J in an instrumental and overture way. Tchaikovsky correctly and accurately interprets the play of Romeo and Juliet with an orchestra. His orchestra uses different types of instruments, volume, tempo and sounds to express and emphasize the story of Romeo and Juliet in a dramatic and harmonic way.
Tchaikovsky begins the overture with the slow violin and gradually builds up the emotions and actions of R&J. He clusters instrument sounds to implement the intensity of the first scene of the play. The beginning of the play starts off with Gregory and Sampson provoking Abraham and Benvolio into a fight. Then, the overture and play continues with the quick beat pace of instruments resembling the start of the first Montague and Capulet brawl.
The middle of the overture becomes alive when there are changing combinations of loud and quiet tempos. It amplifies the excitement and tragedy during the middle part of the play and overture. In addition, the constant alternating combinations of different tempos illustrate how problems begin
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Misc (view all)
- Analysis of sonnet 116
- Comparing and Contrasting Envy and Deception in Shakespeares...
- How do the pigs on animal farm abuse language?
- Case Study of the 1925 Tri State Tornado
- Discussion of the poem Astronauts by Robert Hayden.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.