- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Physics IB, 03/10/05
IB Physics Uniform Motion
To investigate the relationship between the angle of a slope incline and the acceleration of a model cart moving down it
As the angle of the slope incline increases, the acceleration of the model cart moving down it will also increase.
I have predicted that acceleration is directly linked with the angle of the slope on which the object is moving. When coming up with this hypothesis, I asked myself the following question, "what forces actually act on the model cart as it is going down the slope". There are in fact three forces acting on the cart. The force of gravity (g), friction (F), and the force of reaction (R) (see diagram 1). If we were to draw a Y and X axis on the object, the X axis showing the movement along and the Y axis being perpendicular to that then we can find out how the forces act.
On the Y axis, there are two forces, the force of reaction and a fraction of the force of gravity. Since there is no
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Physics (view all)
- Period of a loaded Cantilever (D, DCP, CE)
- IB Latent Heat of Fusion of Ice Lab
- Solar Panel surface area vs Output Lab
- physics lab report. Aim To determine the coefficient of ...
- Specific latent heat of fusion of ice
- Plan to investigate the change in volume of air in a party b...
- Experiment to compare the radiation of heat from different o...
- How does the period of the mass - spring system depend on th...
- Nuclear technology may be a useful substance that can produc...
- Modelling the Solar System. In this lab we are going to inve...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.