- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Body Moving With constant acceleration
The first 200 words of this essay...
Physics Laboratory Report
> Research Question-
To study the uniform acceleration of a body over an inclined track.
All bodies when under the influence of a force undergo a certain amount of acceleration, whether the body is in motion or is at rest. In this laboratory experiment, I will study the acceleration that a ball of a very miniscule mass acquires when it is rolled down an inclined plane. I will calculate out the acceleration on a body using the Second Law of Motion. The equation is:
As the body is starting from rest, the first party of the equation can be ruled out. The independent variable is distance traveled by the ball 's', and the dependent variable is time 't'. the controls are the inclination of the apparatus from the table, the mass of the ball and acceleration due to gravity. The experiment has been performed at room temperature, assuming the atmospheric pressure to be 1 atmosphere.
Having all the variables in place I think that the experiment will go off well. The apparatus will not be much affected by the temperature or the pressure as these factors
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Physics (view all)
- Determine the spring constant of a vertical spiral spring in...
- Hookes Law- to determine the spring constant of a metal spri...
- Bouncing balls. Research question: What is the relation bet...
- physics lab report
- Index of Refraction lab
- Experiment to compare the radiation of heat from different o...
- How does the period of the mass - spring system depend on th...
- Nuclear technology may be a useful substance that can produc...
- Modelling the Solar System. In this lab we are going to inve...
- Physics Lab: Images formed by a plane mirror
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student