- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
centripetal force lab (DCP, CE)
The first 200 words of this essay...
Aim: To investigate the relationship between the rotation period T and the hanging mass M when an object is moving at a constant speed in circular motion.
- Number of rotation period
- Length of string
- Mass of the rubber stopper
- Friction/ air resistance
Meter stick, electric balance, timer, strings, rubber stopper, mass, plastic tube
length of the string L = 35.0 cm ± 0.1cm = 0.350 m ± 0.001 m
mass of the rubber stopper = 38 g ± 1g = 0.038 kg ± 0.001 kg
The uncertainty of the string's length, mass of the rubber stopper and time is taken to the smallest division of the measuring device (meter stick to measure length of string, electric balance to measure mass of stopper, stopwatch to measure time taken to complete 10 rotation period).
hanging mass/ g ± 1g
time taken for 10 rotation/ s ± 0.01s
Average time for 10 rotation/ s ± 0.01s
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Physics (view all)
- Hooke's Law Experiment. Aim: To determine the spring consta...
- Conservation of Momentum Experiment.
- IB Latent Heat of Fusion of Ice Lab
- ib physics design lab
- This is a practical to investigate the relationship between ...
- Experiment to compare the radiation of heat from different o...
- How does the period of the mass - spring system depend on th...
- Nuclear technology may be a useful substance that can produc...
- Modelling the Solar System. In this lab we are going to inve...
- Physics Lab: Images formed by a plane mirror
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.