- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Period of a loaded Cantilever (D, DCP, CE)
The first 200 words of this essay...
Period of a Loaded Cantilever
Aim: To investigate the relationship between the mass loaded on a cantilever and the period of oscillation of a loaded cantilever
Independent variable: Mass loaded on a cantilever
Dependent variable: Period of oscillation of the cantilever
Maximum displacement of the end of the cantilever
Can be kept constant by measuring the amplitude of each trial
Length of the cantilever
Can be kept constant by measuring the length of the cantilever or using the same model through the experiment
Different width of cantilever may have different air resistance. Kept constant by using a cantilever with the same cross-sectional area or simply use the same cantilever throughout the experiment. Carry out the experiment at room air density.
Stiffness of the cantilever
Kept constant by using the same cantilever of the same material throughout the experiment
2 Meter sticks
One Meter stick as a cantilever and the other to measuring the amplitude of oscillations
Masses to be loaded on the cantilever as the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Physics (view all)
- Hooke's Law Experiment. Aim: To determine the spring consta...
- Hookes Law- to determine the spring constant of a metal spri...
- centripetal force lab (DCP, CE)
- Physics lab - Cantilever Beam
- IB Specific Heat Capacity Lab
- Experiment to compare the radiation of heat from different o...
- How does the period of the mass - spring system depend on th...
- Nuclear technology may be a useful substance that can produc...
- Modelling the Solar System. In this lab we are going to inve...
- Physics Lab: Images formed by a plane mirror
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.