- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
In this essay I will be talking about the detection of pheromones through diffusion within the same species and how they are used within the nature of animal behaviour.
The first 200 words of this essay...
In this essay I will be talking about the detection of pheromones through diffusion within the same species and how they are used within the nature of animal behaviour. I am going to talk about how animals use pheromones as well as human to attract one's attention, how they are used in different situations, the chemical structure of pheromones, how they travel from one primate to another and what they are used for, by using this information I will conduct an experiment to show how fast pheromone particles are smelt within a distance.
History of pheromones
Pheromones were first discovered 50 years ago in insects and scientists have also discovered that mice insects and other species use pheromones. However, there has not been any evidence found, that humans use pheromones to get sexual attraction from one another in any way.
Pheromones - what are they? Well pheromones are natural chemical substances that a fertile body excretes externally, which are then conveyed as an airborne pheromone message to trigger a response for the opposite sex of the same species. Pheromones consist of two or more chemicals, which need to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Psychology (view all)
- Attachment Theory
- Discuss the use of technology in investigating cognitive pro...
- Outline principles that define the biological level of analy...
- Evaluation of Social Learning Theory
- Outline how one study demonstrates principles of the cogniti...
- Discuss how ethical considerations would be addressed before...
- Using one relevant research study, show how a principle tha...
- To what extent does genetic inheritance influence behaviour?...
- Cultural Barriers in Multicultural Psychotherapy -A.W.
- Adrenaline, Oxytocin or Melatonin, which is the most powerfu...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.