- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Outline the historical or cultural factors that led to the development of the biological perspective
The first 200 words of this essay...
Outline the historical or cultural factors which led to the development of the Biological perspective.
Over the last century or so, the practise of psychology began to formally include certain aspects of the scientific method into its ways of looking at human behaviour. This perspective - the Biological perspective - involves the idea that all human behaviour has a physiological basis and that the body and mind are a single entity. However, this perspective which is taken much for granted now did not arise from nowhere. The fundamental basics of this perspective can be traced back as far as the Egyptian and Greek times, although the perspective didn't advance much more until quite recently when technological advancements have allowed newer types of research to be performed and different types of information to be uncovered.
The Greeks were a powerful nation, excelling in every subject from theatre to philosophy. The age of the philosophers began at about 600 BC with Thales. Philosophy was the beginning of all scientific thought and it later branched of into psychology, however, some of the basic premises of the biological perspective are visible in some Greek philosophers' ideas. Alcmaeon said in the 5th
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Psychology (view all)
- Free will Vs Determinism essay
- Outline principles that define cognitive level of analysis
- Examine the Concepts of Normality & Abnormality
- Evaluation of Social Learning Theory
- Internal Assessment : Loftus and Palmer Study
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'