- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
To what extent does genetic inheritance influence our behavior?
The first 200 words of this essay...
To what extent does genetic inheritance
influence our behavior?
Many psychologists have said that behavior was inherited from our parent, however some psychologists have argued and said that environment has a bigger effect on our behavior and that its not genetically.
The first research made on to prove that genetic has a huge impact on behavior was on two identical twins who were separated when they were four weeks old and raised in different families. By the age of 39, they reunited both showing a lot of similarities in personality, interest and behavior. They both had same kind of pet (a dog), and they build same kind of unusual benches around there tree. The similarities just went on and on and it was very hard to find Differences than finding similarities.
Thomas Bouchard and David Lykken work at university of Minnesota in Minneapolis is a review of research began in 1979 to examine the question if how much influence your genes have in determining your personal psychological qualities. They began in 1983 to identify, locate, and bringing together pairs of 56 monozygotic reared-apart (MZA) twins from United states and seven other
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Psychology (view all)
- Examine the Concepts of Normality & Abnormality
- Psychology IB Abnormality Notes
- The behavioural approach is the assumption that behaviour is...
- Explain the formation of stereotypes and their behaviours
- Psychology Essay
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.