- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Tests for Truth
1. The issue of slavery was not the primary cause for the American Civil War.
Since the American Civil War was in the past it does not match my reality. There is no actual fact that can be checked to prove this. That would make the position false since fact cannot be proven. You must know what slavery was like and the time and what the civil war was.
Since slavery was a part of the time period and an issue the proposition can be considered true. It fits in with the way I look at things.
The position is not useful since it was in the past and doesn't affect my reality. It would be useful to know this if I was fighting in the Civil War to know what I was fighting for. Could be true, but not useful unless I'm writing a paper on the topic. I don't know I wasn't there doing the time.
2. It was the build-up toward WW2 that ended the Great depression more than any blueprint for economic recovery drawn up by the Roosevelt administration.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Theory of Knowledge (view all)
- TOK essay "role of language in areas of knowledge"
- Should emotion play a role in the evaluation of knowledge cl...
- Does language play roles of equal importance in different ar...
- TOK IB IA presentation. On what basis do spiritual beliefs ...
- Tok presentation
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.