- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Dreams vs. Reality
The first 200 words of this essay...
In order to discuss this topic, I would like to put the main focus on lucid dreaming. How do we distinguish what we see to what we "see" when we dream? How we see things in real life is not just through perception, but you create the final image of being through the other senses, such as smell, hearing, taste, just as much as seeing.
For example, when we dream you cannot know, unless you have mastered lucid dreaming, that what is going on, is in fact, a dream. When you know the technique of lucid dreaming you have control over your dream, and over that "parallel universe" that is supposed to represent a different world from the real one. You create the scenery, you define yourself, and you choose who and what is happening in it.
If we look at the rational side of the answer to this question, it would seem quite easy to truly answer it, but the problem is how to explain what actually is going in your head during dreaming and well, living, when it is acknowledged that we can very easily fool our senses to make what is going on, believable.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Theory of Knowledge (view all)
- TOK essay "role of language in areas of knowledge"
- Does language play roles of equal importance in different ar...
- Arts and Sciences essay
- What are the advantages of discriminating between valid and ...
- The vocabulary we have does more than communicate our knowle...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.