- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Speech. Our knowledge issue is To what extent should censorship be allow in school. We will also compare the situation in school to censorship at a global level.
The first 200 words of this essay...
HS - In recent years, China has been heavily criticized for their censorship on various means of media in order to protect their population. More recently, we've seen bans on internet sites such as Facebook, ABC News and ibgames.com. The recent ones were done in order to stop the riot in Uranqi. The Chinese government claim that Facebook was used to communicate the message to riot, hence by blocking these kind of sites, they would stop riots. The international world has judged this act as a violation of freedom of speech and freedom on information. This issue forced us to think about the situation we have in our school. As you all know, 2 years ago, the school placed restrictions on the visitation of certain site that have certain key words like games or instant messaging. They have also add Quotas to insure that a student doesnt spend a lot of time of a particular website even if it is for education - related issue. This situation is very much like the one in China and hence we have decided to look at the situation with our TOK caps on. Our knowledge issue is To what extent
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Theory of Knowledge (view all)
- How can we know when we have made progress in the search of ...
- In the natural sciences progress can be made, but in the art...
- TOK Essay: Using history and at least one other area of know...
- Evaluate the Strengths and Weaknesses of Language as a WOK
- Tok Essay - Question 5 2010
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student