- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Evaluate strengths and weaknesses of reasoning as a way of knowing
How do we know? That is the main TOK question, how do we know? Well we know through our experience, senses, knowledge, and reasoning etc. What is reasoning? For me it's a claim, which supports essential processes, interactions, relationship; as well we base our reasoning on some knowledge in order to find some truth. However, reasoning as knowledge can be objective and subjective. On the picture on the left you see an apple; it is a usual apple, grown up somewhere in America. For a 3 year old child, it's just a red apple with a nice smell. Apple has these traits and without child or person trying it, therefore this knowledge is objective, it exists without any other influence. But when kid is eating it, an apple becomes tasty, or bitter, in other words it becomes a subjective knowledge. I.e. the girl on the picture is eating an apple; she is excited and happy, the apple is tasty for her, she just experienced that, it's subjective. Therefore, reasoning might be defined as, just an objective knowledge existing without any external effects and as knowledge based on our
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Theory of Knowledge (view all)
- Compare and contrast knowing a friend to knowing how to swim...
- Defining and Analyzing Mixed Method Johnson and Christensen ...
- Emotion: How does your mood affect your perception of things...
- The vocabulary we have does more than communicate our knowle...
- To what extent do you think reason is an objective, reliable...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.