- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
When you encounter a controversial knowledge claim,such as that the moon landings were faked,or that we shold not experiment on animals,how do you evaluate wether or not to accept it as true? (Do some ways of knowing have more influence in making your jud
The first 200 words of this essay...
Topic:`When you encounter a controversial knowledge claim,such as that the moon landings were faked,or that we shold not experiment on animals,how do you evaluate wether or not to accept it as true? (Do some ways of knowing have more influence in making your judgement? Or is authority and the group you indentify with more important)
When we first began the TOK course,i remember that one of the first thing we discussed about this subject is the open discussion we could do,expressing our knowledge and deal in the same time with others knowledge.As a result,controversial knowledge is present almost in each discussion we have in real life.
What knowledge is? What do we understand with knowledge claim?
Knowledge; according to Plato; it can be summarized in three words: justified,true, and belief where the truth it is objective (based on facts) and belief is subjective (represent our opinion).I can say i know something if i believe in it,if it is true and if i can justify it by giving some evidence.This definition of knowledge has become the most popular definition ever. Justifying means the reason and evidence that we give to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Theory of Knowledge (view all)
- Defining and Analyzing Mixed Method Johnson and Christensen ...
- Compare and contrast knowing a friend to knowing how to swim...
- Intuition as a way of knowing
- "In order to find out how things really are, one must u...
- To what extent do you think reason is an objective, reliable...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.