- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Child and Insects
The first 200 words of this essay...
English A1/HL IB2
Child and Insect
Child and Insect is a lovely poem about the disappointment in life, which a little boy is just running into and starting to realize. Robert Druce has portrayed a simple but very appealing image of a very humane situation in a child's life. The writer has delivered his massage to the readers trough a game of the little boy and the grasshopper. Child and Insect is a poem filled with great a variety of literary terms such as alliteration, symbolism, onomatopoeia, repetition, comparison, contrast, personification and run on lines which work all together in order to reveal three different stages in the poem characterized by a drastic change in the mood and the tone of the writing.
In the stage being the first stanza of the poem Child and Insect the reader meets a little boy who is excited and euphoric because he has managed to catch a grasshopper. The rhythm of the poem is very fast and lively. An evidence for that is the onomatopoeia "clockwork fizz" which describes the insect's movements as sudden and quick, comparing its legs to the hands of a clock too. It also
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
World Literature (view all)
- Comparative Essay Heart of Darkness vs Apocalyspe Now
- Fasting, Feasting by Anita Dessai. Description of the main C...
- Fasting Feasting. How does Anita Desai portray settings ins...
- Analysis - "Exposure" by Wilfred Owen
- Patton Family in Fasting Feasting
- Different aspects of the work Chronicles of a Death Foretold...
- How does Barker explore the impact of war in this extract fr...
- George Orwell - Shooting an Elephant. Discursive Questions.
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn portrays the corruption of the Soviet...
- Song of Solomon: How does Toni Morrison reveal flight as a w...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo