- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Dreams: In Cold Blood Essay. In the novel In Cold Blood, the author Truman Capote tells us the story of the brutal murders of 1959 in Holcomb, Kansas.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Tariq Ameer #116 English: Literature 24/11/2011
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
In the novel In Cold Blood, the author Truman Capote tells us the story of the brutal murders of 1959 in Holcomb, Kansas. In a town that was quiet and peaceful, and the townspeople were all friends, no one ever thought that the Clutter family would be murdered in their own home. Perry Smith and Dick Hickock shot four of the Clutter family members in search of a safe that contained massive amounts of cash, but this safe didn't actually exist. Capote has conducted personal interviews with Perry, in which Perry told him about his dreams. Dreams, both figuratively and literally play a vital role in the characterization of Perry, and help the reader to understand him better.
Perry Smith has a complicated and bizarre personality. And through his many dreams, we the readers get to understand him better. Although Perry had only a grade-school education, he maintained a strong interest in art, literature and music. And these dreams help show us that even though Perry was a cold-blooded murderer, he still had a gentle
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
World Literature (view all)
- Style and Structure of the novel The Kite Runner
- The play Death and the Maiden by Ariel Dorfman has many simi...
- Symbolism in The Elephant Vanishes
- Analysis of "The verger" by William Somerset Maugh...
- Running in the Family is a fictionalized memoir, written in ...
- Great Gatsby. Comment on the setting and the depiction of th...
- An exploration of Desdemonas transgression of social norms w...
- The passage Chills takes place in a dark, desolate field in ...
- The Werewolf (Review) from Angela Carter's "The Bloody ...
- Reflections on "Miss Julie" in a cultural context
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.