- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The poem After Apple Picking by Robert Frost is a highly Romantic poem which consists of many key characteristics associated with the Romantic period of literature.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Robert Frost - Romanticism - After Apple Picking
Analyse one of Frost's poems in detail. How does this particular poem conform to the idea that Frost is a poet in the Romantic tradition?
The poem "After Apple Picking" by Robert Frost is a highly Romantic poem which consists of many key characteristics associated with the Romantic period of literature. Within Apple Picking, Frost conveys his messages through an emphasis on using nature to create a source of the meaning in life. Frost also places an emphasis on feelings and senses, praise of the common people and the pastoral lifestyle, as well as a number of others.
Firstly, Robert Frost continually uses nature as a source of value and meaning within his life. This is reinforced through the quote "and there is a barrel that I didn't fill beside it, there may be two or three apples that I didn't pick upon some bough" This illustration of symbolism emphasizes and represents that within Frost's life, there were opportunities missed and goals not achieved. Frost expresses this in a tone of regret at his "incomplete" past. This is further emphasized in the critique "empty barrels" whereby the critic accentuates
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
World Literature (view all)
- In Ernest Bucklers The Bars and the Bridge, the protagonist ...
- Topic: as a political allegory, Lord of the Flies is highly ...
- Symbolism in Orwell's "1984".
- Funeral Blues Analysis
- Guy Montag as a hero in Fahrenheit 451
- Great Gatsby. Comment on the setting and the depiction of th...
- An exploration of Desdemonas transgression of social norms w...
- The passage Chills takes place in a dark, desolate field in ...
- The Werewolf (Review) from Angela Carter's "The Bloody ...
- Reflections on "Miss Julie" in a cultural context
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.