- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Written task <the glass menagerie> SCENE EIGHT This scene happens five years after Tom has left home, it is still memory.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Written task <the glass menagerie>
This scene happens five years after Tom has left home, it is still memory. The interior is still poetic but the light is even dimmer than before.
Due to the upheaval of Tom's escape, scenery for the Wingfield apartment has underwent some serious changes. At the rise of the curtain, the audience is still faced with the tiny apartment. The fire-escape shows rust and the walls are grey, filled with dark stains.
The glass menagerie is widely spread. It is obvious that the collection has grown bigger. A buffalo glass figure sits on the table; it symbolizes hard work in deliberate motion, shining quietly in its prearranged position.
Before Tom goes on stage, a large squeaking noise coming from the door is heard by the audience.
Tom enters, dressed as a merchant sailor, looking young and energetic. He addresses the audience.
TOM That day, there I went, back home. It is not that I really wanted to see how my family was going, I didn't have any regret about leaving home. My dreams came true! And now here I am, as a sailor
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
World Literature (view all)
- Commentary on a passage taken from Laurence Fearnleys "...
- Commentary A Different History (by Sujata Bhatt)
- Commentary on The Custody of the Pumpkin By P. G. Wodehouse
- Characters and algorism in Lord of the Flies
- Guy Montag as a hero in Fahrenheit 451
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.