- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Bungalow design for a disabled client. Discuss the form of construction and compare the advantages and disadvantages of your choice and form of materials.
The first 200 words of this essay...
DEGREE COURSE: PROPERTY MARKETING, DESIGN AND
MODULE: DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION
YOUR CLIENT, A HOUSING ASSOCIATION, WISHES TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING HOME (AS A DETACHED BUNGALOW) FOR THE FOLLOWING RESIDENTS:
ONE - 3 BEDROOMED HOME WITH GROSS INTERNAL FLOOR AREA OF APPROXIMATELY 120m2 FOR ONE PHYSICALLY DISABLED PERSON (WHO RELIES UPON A WHEELCHAIR AND A SPECIALLY ADAPTED MOTOR VEHICLE) AND ONE CARE ASSISTANT.
1. Sketch the proposed plan layout and elevations for the bungalow
Discuss the form of construction and compare the advantages and disadvantages of your choice and form of materials.
Illustrate and describe the proposed method of constructing the roof and state the reasons for the choice of materials and design.
There is now an increasing array of options for the house builder e.g. Masonry Shell, Timber Frame, Steel Frame, Insulated Concrete Forms - ICFs, Pods and Prefabs, Structural Insulated Panels - SIPs, Green Oak and Post Beam Structures, use of unusual structural materials e.g. earth, straw bales, hemp etc. (1)
My design is a three bedroom timber framed bungalow externally faced with brick. The roof will be covered with
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Architecture (view all)
- Distinguish between bureaucratic and organic organisational ...
- Explain how the organisational structure, culture and manage...
- The architecture of Braslia
- Wiring a house - Table for cable size CB
- A & P Plot Structure
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.