- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Explain how the organisational structure, culture and managementstyle of the business affects its performance and operation and helps it to meet its objectives.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Explain how the organisational structure, culture and management style of the business affects its performance and operation and helps it to meet its objectives.
What Is An business Organisational Structure?
An organisation structure is the way the business is set up. This includes lines of communication and span of control. Organisational charts help the business run effectively giving a visual picture of the organisation. Within each organisational structure there are different chains of command and span of control. Chain of command is the way authority is organised as you can see from the hierarchical structure below messages get passed down the lines called the chain of command. The span of control is the number of people working under a manager for example if you look at the BA organisational structure, Dale Moss who is the Director of Sales Worldwide has a span of control of 14 as he is in charge of 14 managers. It is recommended the span of control should be between three and six people so as to keep the managerial control tight. There are many different types of organisational structure these are: -
o Hierarchical structure
o Flat structure
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Architecture (view all)
- Kenilworth Castle: How and why did the Castle Develop Over T...
- Bungalow design for a disabled client. Discuss the form of c...
- Organizational Structure
- What do you understand by the terms 'simulacra' and 'hyperre...
- Building technology - Refurbishment Programme of Multi-Occup...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.