- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Modernising planning processes - A Consultation Paper
- Essay length: 16649 words
- Submitted: 28/01/2005
The first 200 words of this essay...
MODERNISING PLANNING PROCESSES
A Consultation Paper
Planning is fundamental to delivering what people in Northern Ireland want- jobs, homes, better transport, lively communities, and sensitive care of the environment we live in. Improving planning means that the goals set out in the Programme for Government are easier to achieve. Good planning will promote appropriate development, not stifle it. It will also bolster productivity and competitiveness. At the same time it will contribute to sustaining and protecting the environment.
The planning system has not changed fundamentally in nearly thirty years. It is showing its age and is under pressure. That is why, since devolution in December 1999, I have worked to strengthen both the Planning Service and the planning system. Additional staff are being recruited and trained, and management structures strengthened. An ambitious programme to put in place an up-to-date and complete suite of Planning Policy Statements and Development Plans is now in place, as set out in the Programme for Government. New legislation is being prepared that, amongst other things, will strengthen the Planning Service's enforcement powers. We have also opened up
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Planning (view all)
- Investigating Croydon in terms of how it was settled and dev...
- What were the origins of the garden city movement? On what u...
- Value and Risk Management
- Outline the characteristics that make Saltaire a typical mod...
- Discuss the relevance of Neo-Marxist theories in appraising ...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.