- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The aim of the project is to investigate how social disadvantage varies within Spalding and to find out if there are any geographical factors that cause a change in social disadvantage.
- Essay length: 4684 words
- Submitted: 27/01/2004
The first 200 words of this essay...
The aim of the project is to investigate how social disadvantage varies within Spalding and to find out if there are any geographical factors that cause a change in social disadvantage. To find this out, two specific variables will be tested, which both involve primary data (data which I have collected) and these are:
* How the environmental quality varies as the distance from the centre of Spalding town increases.
* How the environmental quality varies according to the percentage of detached houses in an enumeration district.
Two specific hypothesis' concerning these variables will be used and these are:
* That environmental data score for enumeration districts will generally be lower (indicating a high standard of living and high environmental quality) the further away from the centre of town an enumeration district is. I think this hypothesis will be true, as the houses in the enumeration districts on the outskirts of Spalding will generally the newest because the town has expanded over time. This would mean that there are generally fewer houses in these areas which will have had very little time to deteriorate, less congestion and vandalism would be found in these districts and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Planning (view all)
- Modernising planning processes - A Consultation Paper
- What were the advantages of Tesco choosing their business lo...
- planning theory
- Impact of Technology in Construction
- Investigating Croydon in terms of how it was settled and dev...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.