- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
the eiffel tower
The first 200 words of this essay...
THE EIFFEL TOWER
I am going to talk to you about one of the world's most outstanding pieces of architecture. Today what is known to be one of the worlds's most sticking tourist attractions lies in the center of pairs. Named after its designer Gustave Eiffel it attracts an average of 6 1/2 millions people per year. The Eiffel tower. During its time of construction the tower was once the tallest building on earth and retained its title until 1930. From the construction of the tower to the finished product the Eiffel tower truly is an amazing structure.
The Eiffel tower was built from January 1887 to March 1889. The tower was built as the entrance arch for French Revolution. Out of the 700 proposals submitted in a design competition, a radical creation from the French structural engineer Gustave Eiffel was chosen. Who is Gustave Eiffel you may ask. Gustave Eiffel, born in Dijon, France in 1832, and died in 1923, was a famous engineer who founded and developed a company specializing in metal structural work. Eiffel's company also created and designed the statue of liberty, which now stands in Manhattan, in New York. Originally, the Eiffel Tower
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Architecture (view all)
- Antoni Gaudi, religious fanatic and world-renowned architect...
- The role of the Building Surveyor.
- Principles of buildability and sustainable construction
- Explain how the organisational structure, culture and manage...
- Construction Technology Complete Overview
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.