- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The role of the Building Surveyor.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The building surveyor is responsible for ensuring that the building control regulations are observed in the planning and construction stages of new buildings and of most property such as extensions, conversions etc. He will resolve any queries on the building regulations and allied legislation presented by staff or other persons. Ensuring uniformity of approach and consistency or interpretation amongst staff.
The building surveyor will also make site visits at different stages of the construction to ensure that it is being properly carried out.
Building surveyors advise and make judgements on building proposals. This aspect of the work involves reading applications for building regulation consent.
Having received an application, they must check the information given on the form by the owner of the property (the client) and either:
* Give permission for the work to commence.
* Ask the client for further details.
* Issue conditional approval subject to certain other steps being included.
During the various stages of the construction process, the building surveyors will have site visits to inspect that work is being carried out to the satisfactory requirements. The client or the builder will inform the building
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Architecture (view all)
- Antoni Gaudi, religious fanatic and world-renowned architect...
- Principles of buildability and sustainable construction
- Explain how the organisational structure, culture and manage...
- Construction Technology Complete Overview
- 'Hotel Room 12th Floor' By Norman MacCaig
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.