- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
This essay shall analyze the Pantheon, paying particular attention to the construction details, mainly the entrance and dome, as well as the buildings form and function.
The first 200 words of this essay...
* Artist: Unknown
* Title: The Pantheon
* Type of Work: Architecture/Building
* Materials: Granite, Marble, Concrete, Wood, among others
* Date: 137 AD
* Patron: Unknown
* Location: Rome, Italy
(B) CRITICAL EVALUATION
For many people, the world over, the Pantheon is just another stop on Rome's famous tourist trail. When considered amongst Rome's other architectural wonders, it is understandable that the significance of the Pantheon is sometimes overlooked. However, if one stops and takes a closer look it soon becomes evident that the Pantheon is an ancient building of immense significance, "inspiring much emulation, commendation, and some say even fear."1 This essay shall analyze the Pantheon, paying particular attention to the construction details, mainly the entrance and dome, as well as the building's form and function.
Although we do not know the identity of the Pantheon's architect, we can safely say that he was a perfectionist, and a genius. The building, completed around 137 AD, was architecturally revolutionary and many years ahead of its time. The Pantheon's iconic feature, its 43.3-meter dome, was "unmatched for well over a millennium and not substantially surpassed until the adoption
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Architecture (view all)
- Kenilworth Castle: How and why did the Castle Develop Over T...
- Explain how the organisational structure, culture and manage...
- Some Social and Psychological Consequences of The Longwall M...
- Changes in European Architecture
- why was the roman army so sucessfull
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.