- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Urban planning, design and management - Antonello da Messina and Christ Church, Spitalfields.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Hiu Ki TANG
Urban Planning, Design and Management Yr.1
Antonello da Messina and Christ Church, Spitalfields
If we closely examine an architectural work, we can often see evidence of not only functionality but also artistic achievement. For, while the architect may exhibit a scientist's attention to detail and form, he is, in essence, a creator; his canvas, a city street or countryside. The best architectural works rise above the level of the ordinary to the extraordinary; they reflect a sense of grace and style which make them true artistic works. It is not surprising, then, that we can clearly see similarities between paintings and buildings, for they are often inspired by the same artistic techniques and themes. The architect is an artist with a blueprint, the artist an architect with a paintbrush.
With this in mind, we will explore the relationship between what ordinarily might be seen as two disparate works: St. Jerome in His Study by Antonello da Messina and Christ Church, Spitalfields. We can enumerate similarities between the two in terms of style and structure. The two works also seem to share a common underlying theme: the transcendence
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Architecture (view all)
- 'Hotel Room 12th Floor' By Norman MacCaig
- Explain how the organisational structure, culture and manage...
- why was the roman army so sucessfull
- Construction Technology Complete Overview
- The role of the Building Surveyor.
""Zoey. University Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.