- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
: A quantitative study employed to find out whether interactive learining can enchance our memory recall process?
- Essay length: 2917 words
- Submitted: 11/02/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
DZX222 EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT
TITLE: A quantitative study employed to find out whether interactive learining can enchance our memory recall process?
Open Universitystudents conducted a qualitative study as part of a psychology course requirement. A between-participants design was employed in order to explore the issue proposed by Craik and Lockhart, the levels of processing theory, which states that the retention of information in memory depends on how deeply it is processed when encoded. 60 participants individually carried out three conditions. The independent variable was ?the condition that the participant took part in`. The dependent variable was ?the score measured for the amount of correct placement of country names`.
This qualitative study was employed to find out whether interactive learning can enchance our memory recall process. Previous studies proposed by Craik and Lockhart1, the levels of processing theory proposed that deeper processing leads to more permanent memory, Several studies have been conducted on methods to force deeper processing of new information and in the area of reading, it has been shown that teaching words in the context of paragraphs rather than in isolation leads to greater retention and increased fluency in the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Cognitive Psychology (view all)
- Are Flashbulb memories special?
- What are the advantages and limitations of a cognitive neuro...
- The aim of this observation is to observe a child during a p...
- Critically evaluate the contribution that patient case studi...
- The Impact of Bilingualism on Development
- What types of memory does the hippocampal formation contribu...
- Explore the different psychological perspectives and their r...
- Interference with Memory by a Suffix. Review of literature ...
- What is classical conditioning and how is it relevant to pho...
- Describe and evaluate the Gestalt laws of perceptual organiz...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.