- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Aggression in Gill (1966).
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Social Psychology and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Gill (1966) proposed that aggression has several features:
* It is a behaviour: actually doing something not just wanting to do it.
* It involves harm or an injury to another living organism: it can either be physical harm or psychological harm such as creating fear in an opponent.
* It involves intent and is not done by accident
Baron stated that 'aggression is any form of behaviour toward the goal of harming or injuring another living being who is motivated to avoid such treatment'.
Aggression is behaviour which is intentional and deliberate and it involves injury to another person.
A performer who plays with energy and emotion and within the rules of the game is showing assertive behaviours.
Assertive behaviour is acceptable but forceful behaviour. It is also;
* Goal directed behaviour
* The use of valid verbal or physical force
* Behaviour which has no intention to harm or injure
* Behaviour which does not break the agreed rules of the sport
An example of aggression in sport is where David Beckham kicked an Argentinean
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Social Psychology (view all)
- Critically compare and contrast two theories that explain pr...
- Explain the importance of team building, the stages in the d...
- What do studies of conformity and obedience tell us about th...
- Is Psychology A Science
- Discuss the statement that adolescence is a period of Storm ...
- Psychological Identity Theory
- In The Future of Love by Barbara Graham, she cites a variety...
- The Behavioural Activation System: lateralization of the BAS...
- Emotions and facial processing of emotions
- Are humans naturally aggressive or do we learn to be aggress...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.