- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Aggression in Gill (1966).
The first 200 words of this essay...
Gill (1966) proposed that aggression has several features:
* It is a behaviour: actually doing something not just wanting to do it.
* It involves harm or an injury to another living organism: it can either be physical harm or psychological harm such as creating fear in an opponent.
* It involves intent and is not done by accident
Baron stated that 'aggression is any form of behaviour toward the goal of harming or injuring another living being who is motivated to avoid such treatment'.
Aggression is behaviour which is intentional and deliberate and it involves injury to another person.
A performer who plays with energy and emotion and within the rules of the game is showing assertive behaviours.
Assertive behaviour is acceptable but forceful behaviour. It is also;
* Goal directed behaviour
* The use of valid verbal or physical force
* Behaviour which has no intention to harm or injure
* Behaviour which does not break the agreed rules of the sport
An example of aggression in sport is where David Beckham kicked an
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Social Psychology (view all)
- Critically evaluate trait theories of personality.
- The bystander effect: sex differences in helping behaviour i...
- Discuss the statement that adolescence is a period of Storm ...
- The Black Box Model.
- Life coaching course essay. I present in this essay an under...
- Internet Group Suicide in Japan
- Suicide in Japan and the Internet
- Psychological Identity Theory
- In The Future of Love by Barbara Graham, she cites a variety...
- The Behavioural Activation System: lateralization of the BAS...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.