- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Child Sexual Abuse - A Psychologist's Responsibilities
The first 200 words of this essay...
-Child Sexual Abuse-
Name: Penny Hayden
Student i.d: 2133799
Tutor: Colleen Respondek
Tutorial: Tuesday 6pm
Subject: Psyc 347
The pervasiveness of child sexual abuse in our society is becoming increasingly clear through an academic climate that no longer views this abuse as taboo. However, society at large seems reluctant to acknowledge let alone deal adequately with the issue. Psychologists, primarily because of the nature of their role, are continually faced with harrowing tales of child sexual abuse. As a group, psychologists cannot avoid the issue (Read, Kirsty, Argyle & Aderhold, 2003). Increasingly, research suggests that childhood sexual abuse places a person at a greater risk of a vast array of psychological problems. As a form of prevention psychologists play an important role in educating the public and providing current research (Paolucci, Genius & Vialato, 2001).
Child sexual abuse is one of the most pervasive social problems faced by our society (Edwards, George, Holden, Felitti, Anda, 2003). Its impact is profound not only because of the frequency with which it occurs, but also because of the substantial trauma brought to the lives of victims. Historically, the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Clinical Psychology (view all)
- Counselling Theory - Good Practise and Ethics
- Compare and contrast the person-centered approach and cognit...
- Stress - Causes, Effects and Coping
- Biological Explanations of Schizophrenia
- The Most Painful Disease: Major Depressive Disorder
- Theories of Human Behaviour: Psychodynamics, Behaviourism a...
- The purpose of this paper is to define behavior therapy and ...
- Describe the impact of neuronal and neurotransmitter abnorma...
- Describe and evaluate Carl Jungs theory concerning personali...
- Reflection on Person Centered Care.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.