- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Envisage a feasible design or designs so as to enable the 'bathing experience' to be as easy and enjoyable as possible for an 'elderly' person.
- Essay length: 9250 words
- Submitted: 19/06/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
THE UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM SCHOOL OF MANUFACTURING AND MECAHNICAL ENGINEERING
LEVEL 4 MASTERS PROJECT 2000
TITLE: - Bathroom Solutions For The Elderly - A 'Better' Bathtub?
STUDENT HAME: - Shimon Kabir Siddiqui
DEGREE PROGRAMME: - MEng Manufacturing Engineering with German
SUPERVISOR: - Dr L. Nayak (Director, Centre for Applied Gerontology)
MODULE CODE: - MMEM406 (0406122)
The aim of this project is to try to envisage a feasible design or designs so as to enable the 'bathing experience' to be as easy and enjoyable as possible for an 'elderly' person.
Why is this project important?
The importance of the growing proportion of 'elderly' people as part of the UK population is becoming more and more apparent all the time as the NHS is realising in terms of the shortage of available beds The initial research shows that bathroom products manufacturers are not in tune with this increasing demand.
Elderly people often experience combinations of minor impairments that in sum create significant difficulties and dangers with day to day activities. These conditions include reduced back strength, dexterity, range of motion of limbs and back, balance, tolerance, and vision. A
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Cognitive Psychology (view all)
- Critically evaluate the contribution that patient case studi...
- What are the advantages and limitations of a cognitive neuro...
- The purpose of this essay is to compare and contrast the app...
- A History of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Critically evaluate Piaget's theory of cognitive development...
- Explore the different psychological perspectives and their r...
- Interference with Memory by a Suffix. Review of literature ...
- What is classical conditioning and how is it relevant to pho...
- Describe and evaluate the Gestalt laws of perceptual organiz...
- Hypochondriasis: Treatment with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.