- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
In what ways do you think television can be rightly regarded as a medium in its own right
The first 200 words of this essay...
In what ways do you think television can be rightly regarded as a medium in its own right?
The television has honourably earned the right to be regarded as a stand alone medium within the mass communication global network of which the nations of the world are now reliant upon. We as a society use its medium on an everyday basis without realising the provocations it has on our lives. It is with regards to these societal influences that I will discuss the importance of the television as its own medium.
"Television is not only a technology but a social institution with
varied relationships to the countries in which is produced and/or
consumed, and to the economic, religious and ideological
frameworks of those countries"(D'Acci p. 91 1994).
The growth of the mass media has had a significant impact on our everyday lives and the television has been at the forefront of this upsurge in technology. It is a medium that uses both 'Social and Technological Determinism'; 'technological' being the using of technology to create social effects and 'social' where society has a direct link with the technological outcomes that
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Social Psychology (view all)
- Discuss the statement that adolescence is a period of Storm ...
- Explain the importance of team building, the stages in the d...
- Prejudice, stereotyping and discrimination/oppression
- Is Psychology A Science
- What do studies of conformity and obedience tell us about th...
- Psychological Identity Theory
- In The Future of Love by Barbara Graham, she cites a variety...
- The Behavioural Activation System: lateralization of the BAS...
- Emotions and facial processing of emotions
- Are humans naturally aggressive or do we learn to be aggress...
""Zoey. University Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.