- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Purpose Work - The Lake District
The first 200 words of this essay...
For my purpose work in the Lake District I chose to study the wildlife in the area. Through photographs and observations on each route I noted the different things I saw. This was relatively easy to do as I found that the area was rich with nature. The wildlife proved interesting and it was something that the entire group found fascinating. The thing that made it so much more interesting was the variety of things. There were common farmyard animals but also many other things.
I have, below, compiled information about the nature we saw. I have also used pictures to illustrate the text.
Foot and Mouth Disease
It was obvious when walking, the implication of Foot and Mouth Disease in the area. Many footpaths were closed and walkers were asked to be careful when walking. The situation was very bad although the disease had not had any outbreaks for a while. It was bad in the area due to the amount of farms around and the fact that many sheep roam around in the hills. Our paths were not actually affected but we saw many that were. Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) is a highly
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Zoology (view all)
- If Animals Could Talk
- Genetically, no two human beings are ever the same
- Explain, using evolutionary arguments, why social living is ...
- Horse Evolution
- The Hare and the Tortoise - The Modern Day Version
- Tasmanian Devil Facial Tumor Disease
- Malassezia Dermatitis
- animal alternatives
- The Implications of the UK's Climate Change Policy on Biodiv...
- Animal welfare essay
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo