- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Questions for Cell Cycle 1) Briefly describe all phases of the cell cycle and tell what happens in each.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Biology and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Cell Cycle
Grand Canyon University
January 19, 2011
The Cell Cycle
Directions: Answer the following questions. Cite references as needed. Be sure to read the required Module 3 readings and view the required Web sites before completing the assignment.
Questions for Cell Cycle
1) Briefly describe all phases of the cell cycle and tell what happens in each.
a) Interphase: Before a cell can enter cell division, it needs to take in nutrients. All of the preparations are done during the interphase. Interphase proceeds in three stages, G1 phase, S phase, G2 phase. Cell division operates in a cycle. Therefore, interphase is preceded by previous cycle mitosis and cytokinesis (Module 3 Reading).
a. G1 phase: The cell increases the supply of proteins and increases its organelles.
b. S phase: Linear chromosome is replicated.
c. G2 phase: Increases protein preparing to replicate.
b) M phase: this phase consist of nuclear division karyokinesis. This phase has been broken down into several distinct phases, sequentially known as (Krogh, 2009, p. 191).
1. Prophase: Chromosomes take shape: the two centrosomes begin
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Genetics (view all)
- Describing how the structure of DNA is suited to its role in...
- Uses of DNA profiling with PCR and Electrophoresis
- Transcription in eukaryotes and prokaryotes.
- Evolution vs. Intelligent Design
- Skin cancer: not only and old person's disease
- Gene expression in Aspergillus niger exposed to the lignocel...
- Darwin and Natural Selection
- Discuss the biology of muscular dystrophy
- A Proposal to Investigate Influential Solutions to the Negat...
- The Relevance of the Human Genome Project in Biomedicine: Ge...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.