- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Reflect the experiment Asch conducted in 1951.
- Essay length: 3190 words
- Submitted: 19/06/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
Group Size and Conformity.
The experiment I will carry out to find my aim will reflect the experiment Asch conducted in 1951. To find out if conformity does really exist and if increasing the number of confederates in a group will have any significant changes. Previous research has indicated that conformity increases when confederates increase. I will have a group of students, who will undergo a test within a group. The number of confederates will increase within the group, starting with two people, 1 of whom will be a confederate. The participants will be from my college and they will roughly be of the same age group. The group size will increase with the addition of more participants and a further one confederate. The chosen method for this experiment is experimental as I am comparing two variables, group size and conformity. I will use an independent measure design as different participants will be used in different situations. We want to see in this experiment if conformity occurs when someone voluntarily performs an act because others are doing it as previous research has indicated.
Conformity is defined by Zimbardo (1992) as, 'A tendency
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Psychometrics (view all)
- 'Compare and contrast the ethical issues raised by Milgram's...
- Effects of Authoritative, Authoritarian, and Permissive Pare...
- Advantages and Disadvantages of research methods.
- Is psychology a science? Should it be? Do different parts of...
- Do Milgram's experiment's tell us anything about why people ...
- Fundamentals of Research Methodology. This paper will cover...
- Introduction to Research. The Scientific Method. We will a...
- The relationship between extraversion and introversion arous...
- Theories of Personality. Hans Eysenck: The Factor Theory
- This study will only look at two (of many) facial characteri...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.