- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Television and its Negative Conditioning on Children.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Television and its Negative Conditioning on Children
"I believe television is going to be the test of the modern world, and that in this new opportunity to see beyond the range of our vision we shall discover either a new and unbearable disturbance of the general peace or a saving radiance in the sky. We shall stand or fall by television." -E.B. White
The flickering blue box, once invented to bring information into the homes of Americans, has defeated its purpose. Our children are now getting too much information at too early an age. On an average night of viewing, children as young as six see violent images, explicit sexual acts, and the luring power of commercials. Television represents one of the most important and underrecognized influences on children's health and behavior. In this essay, I'll be examining the negative conditioning of television on children, including content, commercialism, messages, and health.
Some of the most important and crucial teachings of a person's life happen in childhood. What is done to introduce a child into our complex and enigmatic world affects a person for life. Childhood is a time when people are forming their beliefs about
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Social Psychology (view all)
- Discuss the statement that adolescence is a period of Storm ...
- Explain the importance of team building, the stages in the d...
- Critically compare and contrast two theories that explain pr...
- Prejudice, stereotyping and discrimination/oppression
- What do studies of conformity and obedience tell us about th...
- Psychological Identity Theory
- In The Future of Love by Barbara Graham, she cites a variety...
- The Behavioural Activation System: lateralization of the BAS...
- Emotions and facial processing of emotions
- Are humans naturally aggressive or do we learn to be aggress...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'