- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Vegetarianism is a groing trend right now with more and more people choosing it as their diet. Why?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Vegetarianism is a groing trend right now with more and more people choosing it as their diet. Why? Everyone has their own different reasons, but all share in the many benefits. Vegetarianism makes sense to a lot of people. It entails more than just "eating like a rabbit", it is a healthy way of life. Contrary to popular opinion, iron and protien can be found in foods other than meat and dairy products! Vegetarians eat much more than lettuce, actually their diet is most likely more rounded than a non-vegetarian/meat lover. They have their own Basic 4 food groups: grains and cereals, legumes, fruits and vegetables, and nuts and seeds. These foods eaten in the right combinations can provide vegetarians with enough of all vitamins and minerals necessary to be healthy and alive.
Another reason why vegetarianism makes sense--biologically humans are not carnivores. Believe it or not, humans are designed to eat plant foods. Our body is not suited for a diet of meat, like other carnivorous animals are. Our teeth are flat, not pointed and sharp; also our digestive tract is much longer than that of carnivores. Meat-eating animals have a very short digestive system, designed
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Zoology (view all)
- Analysis on Old Major's Speech - Animal farm.
- Examine Jonson's use in Volpone of animal imagery
- Animals in Captivity - Should or Should Not Be Kept.
- The role of Zoos.
- If Animals Could Talk
- Tasmanian Devil Facial Tumor Disease
- Malassezia Dermatitis
- animal alternatives
- The Implications of the UK's Climate Change Policy on Biodiv...
- Animal welfare essay
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.